WE WRITE PAPERS FOR STUDENTS
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your project.Get Help Now!
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The aim of this assignment is to investigate how different chronic conditions and commonly co-occurring conditions affect patient presentation and clinical outcomes. The complex nature of chronic conditions influences clinical decisions and reasoning with often multiple factors involved. Paramedics rely on assessment and history performed in the field to make clinical decisions and formulate plans of care and transport. Chronic and co-occurring conditions challenge how we assess and provide treatment within the out-of-hospital setting.
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus& Respiratory Complications – post your initial research and thoughts regarding the following questions.
PART 1: Pathophysiology
- Outline the pathophysiology and the potential complications / relationships.
- How might they present in a patient
PART 2: Consideration of risks to decision making and care planning
How does the disease process(es) /and potential complications effect:
- diagnosis e.g. diagnostic overshadowing
- priority of care
- Patient outcomes e.g. how they may adversely affect outcomes
PART 3: Factors that influence transport and priority to tertiary care
Consider and discuss the factors that would influence transport and priority to tertiary care e.g. (these are suggestions and by no means exhaustive)
- the severity of the case or chronic condition(s),
- age of the patient,
- how long the patient has been managing both conditions,
- the prolonged chronic nature of these conditions and the effect that has on body systems etc.
YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO SEE WHAT OTHERS IN YOUR TUTORIAL GROUP HAVE POSTED UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE YOUR OWN POST.
YOU THEN CONTRIBUTE TO THE DISCUSSION BY COMMENTING ON YOUR GROUPS INITIAL DISCUSSION POST (AT LEAST TWO FURTHER POSTS – MORE IS WELCOME AS LONG AS IT IS RELEVANT AND ADDS TO THE DISCUSSION).
Your first post should be approximately 600 words, but be succinct and cover the three areas. This leaves approximately 200 – 400 words for further posts.
THE POSTS MUST INCLUDE:
- EXAMPLES OF RESEARCH THAT SUPPORTS YOUR DISCUSSION;
- CRITIQUE OF OTHERS EVIDENCE AND KEY POINTS;
EVIDENCE OF LITERATURE THAT CONTRIBUTES NEW THOUGHTS AND POINTS OF VIEW TO THE DISCUSSION OF YOUR ALLOCATED SUBJECT