THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT TO ORGANIZE YOUR PROPOSAL IN THIS FASHION. THIS IS SIMPLY A LIST OF THINGS YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER WHEN PREPARING YOUR PROPOSAL.
Other things to consider:
- Proposals are typically tailored to a specific target audience. For this assignment, assume at least part of your target audience does not understand anything about project management concepts, tools, and techniques or managing project finances.
- The ability to monitor and control project finances is dependent upon activities undertaken early in the project planning phase.
- There are issues that impact an organization’s ability to complete a project on time and within budget that do not necessarily impact an organization’s ability to monitor/control project finances. Make sure you can articulate a clear connection between the issues you choose and the organization’s ability to monitor/control project finances.
- Cost, schedule, and scope are interrelated.
- The effectiveness of your message can be adversely affected by writing mechanics issues and the clarity of your proposal
You will provide two interim milestone reports before submitting your proposal. The purpose of the interim milestone reports is to make sure you are headed in the right direction.
Milestone 1 (Template attached to this order)–Explain the project objectives and requirements to decision makers within your organization to gain organizational support for your efforts and access to organizational information (excluding financial data). If you are unable to gain organizational support for your project, choose an imaginary organization.
Develop a statement describing the organization type (e.g., state, local, or federal government, etc.); and the organization’s business line(s) and strategic vision or objectives. You may chose the entire organization or a portion of the organization.
Report your progress in the Individual Project Milestone 1 discussion forum by Sunday of Session 2. A milestone report template is provided in course content.
Milestone 2 (Template attached to this order)– Identify the issues that may detract from the organization’s ability to optimally monitor and control project finances. Put yourself in the shoes of a project manager in your organization. What would you do, starting in the planning phase of the project, to make sure you could successfully monitor and control project finances? What elements of the project management plan or associated planning artifacts would you focus on? Now translate these to the organization level. What must be present (processes, procedures, instructions, practices, tools, training, etc.) to establish a firm foundation throughout the organization for successfully monitoring and controlling the finances of all projects? Where are the holes?
Focus your efforts on four to five of the most significant issues. Submit this summary in theIndividual Project Milestone 2 discussion forum by Sunday of session 6.A milestone report template is provided in course content.
Note: If your organization has no apparent issues with respect to its ability to optimally monitor and control project finances, create your own issues.
Submit the completed project report in your assignment folder by Sunday of session 10. The project report must be submitted as a MS Word document. Line spacing: 1½; font: 12 point; pages: 15 (maximum).
You will be evaluated on:
- The organization and content of the completed project report – does it tell a complete and compelling story in a logical and readable manner?
- Adherence to project milestones and other requirements
- Correct application of financial management concepts, tools, and techniques
- Correct application of project management concepts, tools, and techniques
- Rationale for proposed solutions
- Feasibility of proposed solutions
- Writing mechanics and adherence to APA standards