1) Discuss what is meant by the term ‘permanent casual’ as a category of employment. Is it the way of the future or just a misleading term from the recent past?
2) How has the Fair Work Act departed from its recent predecessor laws in dealing with casuals? What more could it have done?
3) What are the advantages and disadvantages for workers of entering into a labour hire employment arrangement?
4) What purpose do the General Protections provisions serve in an industrial relations law?
5) What would you need to do as an employee to successfully take an action under the General Protections provisions of the Fair Work Act? Illustrate your answer with a possible example.