Describe two examples from a company that illustrate the use of Theory Y.
Describe the situation, explain which theory it comes from and why you feel that it is an expample of Theory Y.
© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 21, 2019, 10:54 am ad1c9bdddf
A Theory Y manager tends to believe that
- Given the right conditions for employees, their application of physical and mental effort in work is as natural as rest or play. Work is play, offers satisfactions and meaning.
- There are alternatives to reliance on external controls, pushing and threats – implied or real. These are not the only means for linking individual effort with organizational objectives. If people feel committed, they will exercise self-direction and self-control in the service of the firm’s objectives.
- Their objectives will complement the firm’s and commitment is a function of the “intrinsic” rewards associated with their achievement i.e. not just extrinsic rewards/punishments.
- The Theory Y manager recognizes the influence of learning. He/she believes that if the right conditions are created the average person learns not to accept and seek responsibility.
- The capacity to exercise …
Havent found the Essay You Want?
We Can Help
The Essay is Written From Scratch for You
ORDER AN ESSAY WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH at : https://royalresearchers.com/