- Develop a suitable biomechanicalresearch question.
- Justify the question by a critical overview of the literature, identifying the evidence gap.
- Present an operationalised hypothesis i.e. one that has enough detail to be testable.
- Describe and justify the proposed research design, e.g. RCT or observational study.
- Select a biomechanical outcome measure to test the hypothesis.
- Justify outcome measure selection using the eight criteria for patient based measures.
- appropriateness, reliability, validity, responsiveness, precision, interpretability, acceptability and feasibility
- For more information see http://phi.uhce.ox.ac.uk/inst_selcrit.php
- Data collection methodology should be presented in concise detail [including participant selection and recruitment as well as a detailed protocol which is replicable].
- Calculate the sample size required to test the hypothesis to a meaningful level of clinical or sports biomechanics change .i.e. a meaningful clinical or sports biomechanical change.
Breakdown of marks
- A suitable research question (10 marks)
- A rationale for the importance of answering that research question (20 marks)
- A hypothesis to answer the research question (5 Marks)
- The outcome measure to be used in the hypothesis and the methodology by which it would be collected (15 marks)
- Justification of the outcome measure as suitable to address the research hypothesisin terms of appropriateness, reliability, validity, responsiveness, precision, interpretability, acceptability and feasibility. (40 marks)
- A sample size calculation with an alpha of 0.05 and a power to detect of 80%. You should justify your selection of a meaningful difference and your estimate of the variance in the data (10 marks)
Havent found the Essay You Want?
We Can Help
ORDER AN ESSAY WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH at : https://royalresearchers.com/