Assignment 2 The Relationship between Pornography and Violence
WE WRITE PAPERS FOR STUDENTS
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your project.Get Help Now!
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, the conditions that lead to sexual attacks against women are an area that needs increased focus. Investigations have cited the role of the media, especially the role of pornography, in encouraging sexual violence.
Prior to being executed, the serial killer Ted Bundy was interviewed by a psychologist, James Dobson. Bundy disclosed that his addiction to hard-core pornography fueled the terrible crimes he committed. Bundy also made the startling statement, “I’ve lived in prison for a long time now, and I’ve met a lot of men who were motivated to commit violence. Without exception, every one of them was deeply involved in pornography—deeply consumed by the addiction.”
Through research and discussions, you will try to understand the role of pornography in causing sexual violence.
Reference: Pornography and sex: Ted Bundy’s fatal addiction. (1996–2006).
[Online Excerpt] Retrieved from http://www.tldm.org/news6/
Read this article to expand your understanding of this topic:
- From the Argosy University online library resources:
- Research can help us explain violence and pornography
By Saturday, May 20, 2017, in a minimum of 250 words, post to the Discussion Area your responses to the following:
- Summarize what you have learned from your readings on the relationship between pornography and sexual crimes. Share additional references to support your summary.
- Explain whether, according to you, there is a strong correlation between pornography and sexual violence.
- If pornography were not so easily available, explain whether sexual violence would decrease.
Use APA-formatted in-text citations for all sources provided on a corresponding reference page.
By Wednesday, May 24, 2017, read and respond to at least two of your classmate’s posts by commenting on the relationship between pornography and violence that they described based on your textbook readings.
Discussion Grading Criteria and Rubric
All discussion assignments in this course will be graded using a rubric. This assignment is worth 40 points. Download the discussion rubric and carefully read it to understand the expectations.