Argumentative Essay Topics
- At what age should girls have access to birth control without the consent of their parents?
- Do the benefits of medical marijuana justify its legality?
- Does outlawing controlled substances only create a larger black market?
- In what situations, if any, does a woman have a right to an abortion?
- Is the drinking age appropriate (should it be lower, higher, or stay the same)?
- Should cigarettes and other tobacco products be outlawed?
- Should corporations be granted personhood?
- Should nuclear weapons be outlawed worldwide?
- Should prostitution be legal?
- Should the United States put more restrictions on gun ownership and use?
Family Argumentative Essay Topics
- At what age should parents talk to their children about sex?
- Do children deserve/need an allowance?
- Is a child’s room really theirs, or is it their parents’?
- Is it acceptable for women to breastfeed in public?
- Is it okay for parents to monitor teens’ internet use?
- Should parenting classes be compulsory?
- Should parents be able to spank their children?
- Should parents pay children for good grades?
- Should parents push their kids into extracurricular activities such as music or sports?
- Should single people be able to adopt children as easily as couples?
Moral Argumentative Essay Topics
- Are atheists less moral than theists?
- Are nude photographs appropriate in museums that are open to the public?
- Do patients have a right to die via physician-assisted suicide?
- Do people who commit heinous crimes deserve the death penalty?
- Do pre-employment drug tests infringe on personal privacy rights?
- Does freedom of speech give people the right to use hate speech?
- Is animal testing necessary?
- Should children’s beauty pageants be banned?
- Should consumers buy items from countries that endorse child labor?
- Should schools and businesses give more incentives for people to do volunteer work?
Social Argumentative Essay Topics
At what age should citizens be allowed to vote in the United States?
Can heterosexual men and women truly be friends with no hopes or expectations of anything more?
Can online dating replace meeting a person in real life?
Do prisoners deserve the right to vote?
In what case(s) could it be considered fair for a company to not hire a candidate who smokes cigarettes?
Is there too much pressure on teenagers to go to college?
Should more rights be given to immigrants?
Should the United States make English the official national language?
Should there be a legal curfew for minors?
Should women wear less revealing clothing in order to curb men’s catcalling?
Advertising and Media Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should sex be allowed to be portrayed on prime time television?
- Where should networks draw the line for violence on television?
- Should news shows talk about celebrities?
- Do journalists have a duty to eliminate as much bias as possible?
- Is it acceptable for companies to advertise in schools?
- In what situations should advertisements for alcohol and tobacco products be allowed?
- Should warnings and side effects be made more clear in advertisements?
- Is print advertising obsolete?
- Do TV shows and movies have the responsibility of being more diverse?
- Are public service announcements effective?