CRJ 305 Week 2 Interactive Assignment Diversity and Crime
Diversity and Crime. 1st Post Due by Day 3. For this activity, you will visit Twitter at https://twitter.com/ and click on the little magnifying glass on the left side of the screen to reveal the search box to search Twitter. Then do the following:
- In the search box, type the words “diversity and crime” in the search box and click “enter” to initiate a Twitter search.
- Scroll down the page and review some of the tweets that mention the terms diversity and crime. Choose two tweets that interest you. Choose different tweets than those your classmates have chosen. Therefore, this is a good activity to do early in the week.
- Share the links to the tweets in the discussion board. See below for further instructions on what to include in your discussion.
- If you do not have a Twitter account, simply click on the tweet and copy and paste the URL for the tweet. Share the link on the discussion board. See below for further instructions on what to include in your discussion.
- In addition to the links to the two tweets you chose, please include the following in your discussion:
crime?” For example, what types of diversity are addressed in the tweets? Are age, race, and/or gender addressed? Based on your review of the recent tweets (in the past six months), did it appear that people possess a level of cultural competence in the areas of diversity and crime?
o If you were to tweet about an important issue in diversity and crime, what would you say to the Twitterverse? (Remember that you can use only 140 characters or less on Twitter so be clever in your “tweet”).
Your initial post must be a minimum of 300 words in length