1) Calculate the percent heterosis for a trait where breed A averages 100 lbs, breed B averages 150 lbs, and the F1 averages 140 lbs. Calculate the percent heterosis.
2) Breed C averages 230 lbs, breed D averages 150 lbs, and the percent heterosis is 8%. Calculate the average phenotype of the F1
3) Breed E averages 45 lbs, breed F averages 80 lbs, and the F1 averages 75 lbs. Calculate the amount of hybrid vigor.
4) What is the percent retained hybrid vigor in a cross that is ½ W ¼ X 1/8 Y 1/8 Z?
5) You have a cross of a ¾ M ¼ N female with a ¾ O ¼ N male. The female was the result of a M x MN mating, and the male was the result of an O x ON mating. Calculate the percent direct and maternal heterosis.